Agantty Tutorial Series – ShortcutsBlog / 30. August 2019
Shortcuts – Who doesn’t love them?
We surely do! Once you know them by heart, your productivity can increase immensely.
That’s why we implemented them in Agantty, too. You can use them on the gantt chart, as well as on the dashboard. You can see the complete list below, for a more detailed explanation have a look at the tutorial video or the description below.
- [Alt] +  = switch from the dashboard to the gantt chart
- [Alt] +  = switch from gantt chart to the dashboard view
- [Alt] + [P] = print the gantt chart or create a printable PDF from you dashboard
- [Alt] + [+] = zooms in
- [Alt] + [-] = zooms out
- [Alt] + [N] = creates a new project
- [Alt] + [F] = lets you search for a project name
- [Alt] + [T] = toggles all task wrappers to open or close
- [Alt] + [Shift] + [T] = scrolls to today
- Holding [Space] while dragging the gantt chart scrolls – also possible with the arrow keys
- [Backspace] = delete a selected task
- [D] + [left-click] = select the foremost task and drag & drop all depending tasks at once
To improve Aganttys usability even more, we implemented shortcuts.
These shortcuts enable you to control Agantty a lot faster than simple mouse controls.
Let’s start with the Global Shortcuts
Pressing [Alt] +  let’s you switch from the dashboard to the gantt chart
[Alt] +  switches from gantt chart to the dashboard view
With [Alt] + [P] you can print the gantt chart or create a printable PDF from you dashboard
Now, let’s look at gantt specific shortcuts.
[Alt] + [+] zooms in, while [Alt] + [-] zooms out.
[Alt] + [N] creates a new project.
[Alt] + [F] lets you search for a project name.
[Alt] + [T] Toggles all task wrappers to open or close.
[Alt] + [Shift] + [T] scrolls to today.
Holding [Space] while dragging the gantt chart scrolls but you can also scroll in all directions with the arrow keys.
[Backspace] lets you delete a selected task.
And last but not least, if you want to shift multiple tasks that depend on each other,
simply hold [D] while clicking the foremost task and drag and drop wherever you want them.
You can find a complete list of these shortcuts on our blog. The link is in the description.